Tuesday, May 17, 2016

For my Husband...


For the letter "H" I was originally going to write about Hip-Hop. Yes, I know that's random! But my husband, Andrew, and I enjoyed a night out a few weeks ago to go see Toby Mac's Deep Hits Tour 2016.  We enjoyed singing and dancing to #TobyMac along with #Building429, #BrittNicole, #FindingFavour, #ColtonDixon, and #CapitalKings. It was a fun night!! But as for my "H" topic, the Lord has other things in mind for me to write about. This week He wants me to Honor my Husband!

I met Andrew the very first week that I started as the Junior High Associate at Highland Park Presbyterian Church in Dallas, Texas. He was one of my adult volunteers, and a handsome one at that! Of course the very first thing I noticed about him was his Irish accent, but what drew me to him was his vibrant, joyful spirit. He was not only great with the kids, but they absolutely adored him. He had a way of being firm, yet fun, authoritative, yet approachable. And although I was sort of seeing another man, I remember praying to God and telling Him that I would prefer to date a man like Andrew!

As we got to know each other, we discovered we were the same age and shared many of the same interests. We began to hang out outside of  youth events, and eventually those casual outings turned into full-fledged dates! Since I wasn't supposed to date my volunteers, we set up a meeting with Chris Robinson, my awesome boss and youth pastor. His response was classic. He simply laughed when we told him and declared, "Y'all are perfect for each other!" Nine moths later we were married, and after 21 years together, I'd say we're still going strong.

What I love most about Andrew is that he's (striving to only use "H" words):
Humble, Honorable, Honest, Holy, Heavenly-minded, Happy, Hyper, Hilarious, Hopeful, Heartfelt, Harmonious, Healthy, Handy, Helpful, Hospitable, Hip and Hot!

Best of all, Andrew is my Handsome Honey and my Hero!


Photo taken by: West Vita

3 comments: