Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Time...

It's not easy to admit this, but as long as I can remember I've been insecure. Although I am a Believer I have been guilty of looking to people to make me feel wanted, loved and valued. Heck, 'people pleaser' should be my middle name!

I would definitely say I like myself, but throughout the years (and probably because of rejection and thus fear) I've struggled with consistently believing and resting in God's love for me.  The truth is I know He loves me, that He died for me, that I am bought with the blood and covered, BUT this knowledge has often remained in my head. I'm ready to move these truths from my head to my heart.

The Lord says, "You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity"(Jeremiah 29:13-14).

And with these words in mind, so begins my personal journey...

Today I opened 3 different Bible concordances and printed off the sections under Love(s) -- Loved, Lovely, Loving and Loving-Kindness. My plan is to look up each verse (starting from Genesis and moving forward) and journal anything that bounces off the page to touch my heart.

If you want to join me, feel free to come along...

I'm hopeful that by the end of this quest I will not only know that God loves me, I will know it completely... From (my) Head 2 (my) Heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment